MassMutual Greater Hudson is committed to turning your dreams of financial success into reality. With offices throughout the Greater New York and New Jersey area, we have over 36 years of financial services experience working and serving our community. Along with our team of award-winning advisors, we are ready to provide comprehensive solutions to any of your financial problems.
Aside from servicing the financial needs of our clients, community involvement has and will always be an important part of our firm’s core value. We strongly believe that we are not only here to run a business, but to make a positive impact on the lives we touch and to make a difference in the communities we serve.
In aligning our actions with our values, we have established the MassMutual Greater Hudson Scholarship Award to benefit high school graduates who possess academic and social values we find essential as a community centric organization. Our hope is to lessen the impact of their financial obligations, and to making their dreams of a college education more attainable.
“We are honored to give back to our communities in such a meaningful way.” as Derek Chan, President & CEO of MassMutual Greater Hudson explains, “Education has always been one of the primary focus for the families we serve. We want to extend our warm congratulations to all the graduates and encourage each one to apply and take advantage of our great Scholarship Award. Let us be a part of your success story!”
MassMutual Greater Hudson Scholarship Award Guidelines:
MassMutual Greater Hudson Scholarship Award:
Two Merit-based Scholarship Awards
One New Immigrant Scholarship Award*
Each Scholarship Award winner will receive a Four-Year Scholarship of $1,000 per year, for a total of $4,000 in Scholarship. (on the condition that the winners continually provide proof of his or her college enrollment throughout the Four-Year College term)
* To apply for New Immigrant scholarship award, applicant must arrive in the U.S. on or after 1/1/15.
A total of $12,000 to be awarded!
Please apply for only one MassMutual Greater Hudson Scholarship Award category. We will consider you for all categories that you are eligible
As an added benefit, we have made our Summer Internship Program enrollment available to our Scholarship Winners in their sophomore year of college, 1-year ahead of other potential candidates.
To learn more about our Summer Internship Opportunities, please contact Mengjia at (212) 515-4838.
Terms and conditions of scholarship awards are subject to the full discretion of the MassMutual Greater Hudson Scholarship Award Committee.
MassMutual Greater Hudson Scholarship Award Important Dates:
Dates and Deadline are subject to change at MassMutual Greater Hudson’s discretion
November 2nd, 2018 Scholarship Application Open Enrollment
May 31st, 2019 Scholarship Application Submission Deadline
- Mailed-In application packet must be postmarked on or before May 31th, 2019 to be considered.
- Drop off application packet must be received on or before May 31th, 2019 at each of our 4 office locations to be considered.
- Only complete applications including all required documents will be considered.
June 28th, 2019 Notify and Announce Scholarship Award Winners
July 2019 MassMutual Greater Hudson Scholarship Award Ceremony (Exact date to be announced)
MassMutual Greater Hudson Scholarship Applicant Eligibility:
- Applicant must be a resident of New York or New Jersey. (must be legal U.S. resident)
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need for college tuition with supporting documents.
- Applicant must be a U.S. high school graduating senior and will enroll in an accredited U.S. 4-Year College full-time starting in Fall 2019.
- Applicant must have a minimum 3.3 GPA or equivalent. (i.e. B+ average or 87-89 and above)
- *Applicant for New Immigrant Scholarship must arrive in the U.S. on and after 1/1/2015.
Note: Your college must commit that the scholarship will first be applied toward your unmet need, or in the absence of unmet need, towards loans/work study. You are not eligible for an award if your school would reduce your financial aid as a result of receiving outside scholarship.
MassMutual Greater Hudson Scholarship Distribution Method:
Scholarship Award check will be made out to the College or University to assist award recipient with tuition expenses.
MassMutual Greater Hudson Scholarship Applicant Requirements:
1. A completed MassMutual Greater Hudson Scholarship application form.
MassMutual Greater Hudson Scholarship Application Form
MassMutual Greater Hudson Scholarship Application Checklist
2. A copy of the following documents demonstrating financial need (must show the name of the applicant):
- FAFSA EFC and College financial aid award letter
- If these statements are unavailable, tax returns or other proof of financial need may be accepted.
NOTE: Please black out any Social Security Numbers on all the financial documents for security purposes. We only accept complete and signed documentation.
3. A personal statement describing but not limited to the following:
(Times New Roman, 12 pt. Font, double-spaced, 2-3 pages)
- Examples of your personal and academic achievements
- Examples of adversities or challenges you’ve overcame.
- Specific goals pertaining to your academic and career directions.
- Your past and/or current community involvement, as well as your future plans and aspirations toward making a difference in your community
4. An essay on the theme of Fiscal/Financial Responsibility:
(Times New Roman, 12 pt. Font, double-spaced, 2-3 pages)
- What does being “Financially Responsible” mean to you?
- What are some of the financial situations or problems you have encountered? And How have you resolved them?
- What are some of the personal lessons you have learned on being Financially Responsible? Give examples.
- In your opinion, how important is it to have financial education in schools? If so, please explain why?
- What would be an innovative way to teach financial education and responsibility to today's youth?
5. An official High School Transcript
6. A copy of college acceptance letter
7. One letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, and/or other advisor you have personally worked with.
8. A cover page including applicant’s name, address, contact phone number, and email.
9.*New Immigrant Scholarship Award applicants must show documentation proof of arriving in U.S. after 1/1/2015.
- Copy of Resident (Green) Card
MassMutual Greater Hudson Scholarship Application submission:
To submit your application, you may choose Mail-In or Drop off options:
Once all the required documents are completed and confirmed with the checklist, please proceed to mail your completed application packet to MassMutual Greater Hudson core agency office address below for application processing. An email will be send to you acknowledging receipt.
MassMutual Greater Hudson Scholarship Program
2nd Mott St, 9th FL
New York, NY 10013
You may also Drop off your application packet to any of our 4 office locations before the deadline. (The completed application need to be properly enclosed at drop off)
2 Mott St, 9th FL
New York, NY 10013
41-60 Main St, Suite 303
Flushing, NY 11355
745 64TH St, Suite 3L
Brooklyn, NY 11220
2025 Lincoln Highway, Suite 140
Edison, NJ 08817
Kindly go over the checklist carefully to make sure you have all the required documents before mailing-in or dropping off your application. Only Fully Completed application packets will be considered. MassMutual Greater Hudson is not responsible for informing or notifying you of incomplete or missing required documents. If you discovered a mistake or missing documents, you may mail-in or drop off a fully completed replacement application packet before the deadline for consideration. Please do NOT mail in or drop off documents separately. The application submission deadline is Friday, May 31st, 2019. Application packet must be post marked or dropped off on or before the deadline for the application to be considered.
In 2017, MassMutual conducted and presented an insightful College Planning and Savings Study. We would like to provide you with some resources, so you are better informed about the study findings. Kindly refer to following links and related articles for more information:
For Study Findings, please visit:
College Planning: Dreams, Challenges – and a path forward
8/15/17 – Why Age 5 is a Tipping Point for College Savings – 5 Tips from MassMutual to Help Families Today
7/6/17 – Most Determined, Least Informed: The Paradox of Chinese American Behavior Towards Children’s College Education Saving and Funding
7/6/17 – Chinese Version: Most Determined, Least Informed: The Paradox of Chinese American Behavior Towards Children’s College Education Saving and Funding
7/6/17 – Most hopeful, Least Prepared: The Dilemma of Korean American Behavior toward Children’s College Education Saving and Funding
7/6/17 – Korean Version: Most hopeful, Least Prepared: The Dilemma of Korean American Behavior toward Children’s College Education Saving and Funding
6/16/17 – Latino Parents are Against Children Taking on Student Loans and Debt According to MassMutual’s College Planning and Savings Study
6/16/17 – African American Families Rely on Resourcefulness to Pay for College According to MassMutual’s College Planning and Saving Study
6/16/17 – Paying for a Child’s Education is a Top Financial Priority for Asian Indian Parents According to MassMutual’s College Planning and Savings Study
6/16/17 – MassMutual’s College Planning and Saving Study Reveals that Culture Drives Unique Motivations and Behaviors
Disclaimer: This scholarship award is not open to any MassMutual or subsidiary, agency associated employees, brokers and immediate family members. Limit one entry per person.
MassMutual is a marketing name for Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual) and its affiliated companies and sales representatives. Local firms are sales offices of Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual), and are not subsidiaries of MassMutual or its affiliated companies. Agency officers are not officers of MassMutual. Financial Services Representatives are independent contractors and are not employees of MassMutual, its subsidiaries, or of General Agents with whom they contract.